Keeping Our Jump Start Families and Staff Safe
COVID Information – Updated 01/22/2022
Jump Start Gymnastics & Kids Activity Center recognizes that while the state of Illinois has made substantial progress in the fight against COVID-19 and has allowed businesses to reopen, the many of our participants remain ineligible to be vaccinated and others have not yet chosen to be vaccinated. In an effort to continue to make our facility as safe as possible for our students, families and staff, we have modified some of our policies and procedures. We ask that everyone strictly follow these revised policies to promote a healthy environment here at Jump Start. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- First and foremost, IF ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD OR SOMEONE YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH IS SICK OR EXHIBITING SIGNS OF AN ILLNESS, DO NOT COME TO JUMP START!
- Regardless of vaccination status, EVERYONE is required to wear a mask or face covering inside our facility, except for students while participating in class. Students are encouraged to wear masks during classes.
- ALL individuals are encouraged to maintain six feet social distance from other individuals.
- Everyone must enter the facility through the front door and are encouraged to exit the side door.
- Students are asked to use storage buckets available at the main entrance to keep personal items in and separate from other participants.
- Everyone is encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the facility. For your convenience, hand sanitizing and washing stations are available throughout the facility.
- Onsite spectator viewing will remain limited. Virtual viewing on the SPOT TV app will continue to be available for all registered students. Parents can watch classes from home, the car, or anywhere they would like with our new virtual viewing system. Access can be granted to out of town relatives, like grandparents, who can also watch their favorite child participate in their favorite weekly activities
- How to get started:
- Step 1 - Download the FREE mobile app. Offered on the Android App, Google Play or iPhone App, App Store.
- Search the App Store for Spot TV Family.
- Step 2 - On the App's home screen, select the button New here? Sign Up to complete your registration.
- Step 3 - We will activate your account once your information and your child's viewing schedule has been verified!
- When using stations in classes, stations will be socially distanced. In order to adhere to social distance Hands-on spotting will be limited to times when it is required to prevent injuries and keep participants safe.
- No water fountains are available on site. Participants may bring water bottles that contain water only. Except for competitive team participants, water bottles will remain with personal belongings during class times.
- PICK UP PROCEDURE: Parents may come into the facility to pick up students by entering the front door and exiting the side door. Parents may also park in one of the designated “Reserved Pick Up Only” numbered spots and text child’s name and parking spot number to the Jump Start Pick up phone number. Participants will be escorted to the car. Parking is limited to 15 minutes in any one of the Reserved Pick Up spots.
Other Procedures in Place to Keep Everyone Safe and Healthy
- All high touch areas in the facility will be routinely cleaned and disinfected throughout the day, especially during peak hours of operation.
- High touch equipment used during classes and activities will be cleaned and disinfected after each group of participants.
- All mats and equipment used for classes and activities will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected minimally once a day.
- All areas of the facility will be cleaned and disinfected minimally once a day.
- Instructional staff are encouraged to sanitize or wash hands between classes/groups.
Keeping everyone healthy while participating in activities at Jump Start is everyone’s responsibility! Help us continue to offer a safe, fun, learning environment for all!
COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation Policy
If you were exposed to COVID-19 and are not up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations, quarantine and stay home for 5 days. (Day 1 is the first full day after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19) After quarantine, continue to monitor yourself for symptoms until 10 days since exposure. You may return to work or class on day six providing you have been symptom free for 24 hours. Upon return to our facility, athletes must wear a mask for 5 days during class participation. (Masks are required for all spectators in our facility)
If you were exposed to COVID-19 and up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccinations, NO quarantine is required. You must be tested on at least day 5. Watch for symptoms until 10 days since exposure. Wear a mask for 10 days during class participation. (Masks are required for all spectators in our facility)
If you were exposed to COVID-19 and had confirmed COVID-19 within the past 90 days. (You tested positive with a viral test), No Quarantine is required. Watch for symptoms for 10 days after exposure to someone with COVID-19. Wear a mask for 10 days during class participation. (Masks are required for all spectators in our facility)
If you tested positive to COVID-19 or have symptoms regardless of vaccination status , quarantine and stay home for 5 days. You may return on day six providing you have been symptom free for 24 hours. (without the use of fever reducing medications). Upon return to our facility athletes must wear a mask for 5 days during class participation. (Masks are required for all spectators in our facility). If you were severely ill with COVID-19 you should isolate for 10 days and consult your medical provider before ending isolation.